16344 Q Road, Mayetta, KS 66509 | P. 785-966-3024
Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation Tribal Tags
The chart below are assigned months for registrations for enrolled Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation tribal members who are living in the boundaries of the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation reservation.
|First Letter of Last Name||Registration Renewal Month|
|E, F, G||May|
|J, K, L||July|
|M, N, O||August|
|P, Q, R||September|
|T, V, W||November|
|U, X, Y, Z||December|
Applicant must provide proof of residency, upon making application for registration. This may include any two of the following; a utility bill, rent receipt, voter registration cards, income tax receipts, or a valid driver’s licenses. Proof of residency must include a mailing address not a post office box, and residency must be within the boundaries of the PBP nation reservation.
Procedures for issuing tribal tags
- Vehicles will be subject to VIN inspection by tribal police before registration will be issued. Original title and a valid Kansas Driver’s license will be required.
- Applicant must surrender vehicle title currently held in possession or manufacturer sale of origin (MSO). If the title is being held by a lien holder or if the vehicle is being leased, the lien holder or leasing company will need to fax the front and back of the title to the Registrar’s office.
- Applicant must provide proof of insurance for each vehicle when applying for registration. Proof of insurance can be the original or copy of the insurance coverage card and must have: the name of the insurance company, the policy number, name of the insured, the effective and expiration date of the coverage, the year, make and VIN for the vehicle.
- Title will be mailed to applicant or lien holder if applicable.
- Insurance verification will be randomly conducted by the Registrar. If insurance coverage is found invalid a notice will be sent to the owner of the vehicle. The owner will have ten (10) days to provide proof of insurance. If applicant fails to comply with the notice, a suspension notice will be sent to the vehicle owner.
Autos – trucks
$25.00 first time registration
$20.00 annual renewal
Veteran’s, handicap, motorcycle and trailer plates
$15.00 first time registration
$10.00 annual renewal
$50.00 special order
$20.00 annual renewal
For more information:
PBPN Motor Vehicle
16344 Q Road
Mayetta, KS 66509