In 1998, the Per Capita Fund was established as a benefit to all enrolled Nation members including minor children. The National Indian Gaming Act requires an allocation plan for expenditure of all casino revenues. As a result, the General Council vote established that 48 percent of the net gaming revenues from Prairie Band Casino and Resort be allocated for Per Capita payments to be disbursed on a quarterly basis. This taxable benefit will continue until changed by a General Council vote.
The per capita fund amount varies with the fluctuation of casino profits and the number of enrolled members.
The Per Capita Office is located at the Government Center – Upper Level. The Per Capita office is responsible for distributing shared casino revenue payments to all enrolled tribal members per the eligibility guidelines and to report those amounts to the Internal Revenue Service.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., excluding holidays and administrative days.
Toll Free: 877-715-6789
- All changes, ie. change of address, tax withholding amount, payment option (mailed check or direct deposit) MUST be requested using the official forms. No changes will be accepted over the phone.
- All changes to forms are due on or before the 1st of Per Capita Distribution months (March, June, September & December).
All forms are available at the Per Capita Office or online, see below. These forms can also be mailed, e-mailed or faxed to you by calling 785-966-3993.
Please click on below links to download forms:
- Enrollment Change of Address Form
- IRS W-9 Form
- Per Capita Payment Options Form
- Per Capita Advance Application
- Memorandum on Per Capita Advance Policy Changes
- Per Capita Advance Policy
- Voluntary Garnishment Agreement Form
- Federal Income Tax Withholding Form
- 18 Year Old Packet
www.bncweb.org/ – A free resource for Native Americans on Financial Literacy
mybigmoney.org/ – A free game based on a Minor receiving their trust at age 18.