Charitable Contributions

The Charitable Contributions Committee is comprised of six tribal members who recommend to the Tribal Council on giving outside donations based on the established criteria below.

The Nation continually strives to build relationships with neighboring communities in which we live and do business. We strive to be responsible citizens. Today we feel we can achieve this goal by sponsoring community events and organizations.

Sponsorships are distributed four times a year during the third week of January, April, July and October. To receive consideration, a request must be made on or before the 1st day of prior distribution quarter in order to be considered and approved (i.e., contribution awarded in July proposal must have been submitted or post marked on or before June 1). The Nation’s Charitable Contributions Committee will determine the funding amount.

Sponsorships are selected based upon need, and awarded on a first-come, first served basis. Also, the Nation requires proof that the group or organization making the request has obtained non-profit status and must complete a W-9 (included in the application packet). In either event, the requestor will be required to complete a Release and Waiver form if sponsorship is granted.


In order for us to consider a sponsorship request, please include on your letterhead the information as outlined in the Donation and Sponsorship Policies and Guidelines (included in the application packet).

All requesters must adhere to the PBPN Charitable Contribution Policies and Guidelines. If not, your request cannot be processed and may be disqualified from the current funding cycle. The Charitable Contributions Committee will refrain from honoring funding to any group or organization that provides, promotes or participates in any event that sells or allows the use of illegal drugs or alcohol.

You may send your information to:
Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation
Attn: Charitable Contributions Coordinator
16281 Q Road
Mayetta, KS 66509

If you have any questions, please call (785) 966-3918.