The Prairie Band Health Center will begin providing COVID-19 vaccinations to Health Center eligible patients age 12 and over effective Monday, May 17, 2021. The change in age requirement comes after the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) official recommendation to include vaccinations for adolescents age 12 through 15 years of age, following the Federal Drug Administration’s (FDA) decision to authorize emergency use of the vaccine for this age group on Monday, May 10, 2021.
All COVID-19 vaccinations at Prairie Band Health Center are now by appointment only. The vaccination walk-in clinic has concluded in order to minimize the potential for wastage of vaccines after meeting the initial surge of demand for vaccinations.
Appointments can be made by dialing 785-966-8200 and selecting option 1 or using the toll-free number 866-694-6728 and selecting option 1. Please bring a photo ID and insurance card, if available. Patients under age 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
The Prairie Band Health Center continues to be a vaccination provider for Jackson County residents age 16 and over.
Patient Eligibility at Prairie Band Health Center
– Persons of Indian descent (formally recognized as a member of a federally recognized tribe, listed on the original ANCSA roll, a lineal descendant of a person listed on the ANCSA roll, or a person holding a Certificate of Indian Blood by BIA or any federally recognized tribe)
– Non-Indian women pregnant with an eligible Indian’s child (during pregnancy)
– Non-Indian members of an eligible Indian’s household
– Children (of those eligible) under age 19
– Non-Indian legal spouse of an eligible Indian
– Employees, employee legal spouses, and employee legal dependents of PBPN and PBPN enterprises i.e. Prairie Band Casino & Resort, Prairie Band Gaming Commission, & Prairie Band LLC.
COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility for Jackson County Residents
– Reside in Jackson County, Kansas
– Must be age 16 or over
– If age 16 or 17, must schedule an appointment and be accompanied by parent/guardian
* Prairie Band Health Center plans to expand vaccinations to all Jackson County residents age 12 and over in the near future.
Plan Ahead – Save yourself some time in line and bring these completed forms with you
- Prairie Band Health Center Eligible Patient – New Patient Package
- Jackson County Resident – PBHC Vaccination Outreach form