Pursuant to the Charter of the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation Entertainment Corporation, applicants are now being accepted for two Corporation Board Directors.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume, letter of interest, and two (2) letters of professional reference to the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation Tribal Council Secretary’s Office, 16281 Q Road, Mayetta, KS 66509 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and cc: Lorriewahwassuck@pbpnation.org with the subject: PBPEC BOD. The closing date is Monday, December 14, 2020, by 4 p.m.
Role of Board members
Provide management oversight, policy-making and related activities necessary to carry out the Corporation’s purposes. Control and management of business activities shall not include day-to-day management of the business operations. Members shall act as a Board, regularly convened, by a majority vote, and may adopt rules and regulations for conducting meetings in compliance with the Charter, Bylaws, and applicable tribal or federal law.
Qualified applicants must have the following
• Sufficient, extensive experience and education to perform as a Director at a very high level in the competitive gaming business. Gaming experience preferred.
• Ability to pass a background check and other investigations required for CAT 1 Gaming license
• Open and public reputation for integrity and honesty.
• At least two (2) of the following:
– Identifiable experience in business management, personnel management, and business
– Experience owning and running a business enterprise;
– Experience as a member of a board of directors of a corporation involved in gaming, service industry, or enterprise development;
– Experience as a management level employee of a gaming enterprise;
– Specialized training or educational achievement, which qualifies the individual for the
Other qualifications may be added from time to time as reasonably required given the importance of this position to the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation.
Duties (not a complete list):
• Attend all Board and other meetings as required. Be prepared and informed, conducting due diligence as necessary, in all matters that are within the Board’s oversight function;
• Attend required Director Training;
• Adopt rules and regulations and overall policy in compliance with the Charter;
• Provide oversight of the corporate officers and executives activities and performance;
• Comply with professional fiduciary standards for corporate governance;
• Be available to meet periodically on short notice as required.