Prairie Band, LLC, the economic development company wholly owned by the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation (PBPN), has two (2) openings for its Board of Directors.
The Prairie Band, LLC’s mission is to maximize the unique sovereign status of the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation to expand and diversify the economic portfolio of the Nation. With the ultimate goal of Tribal economic self-sufficiency, Prairie Band, LLC adheres to the following core principles: respect the past, capitalize on current opportunities and contribute to a stable economic future for the Nation.
For more information, please visit Prairie Band, LLC’s website at www.prairiebandllc.com.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS POSITION
The Board will support the work of Prairie Band, LLC leadership, and provide strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by Prairie Band, LLC’s chief executive officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance, and oversight
• Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as s/he develops and implements Prairie Band, LLC and PBPN’s strategic economic development plan
• Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by Prairie Band, LLC for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board meetings
• Approving Prairie Band LLC’s annual budget and operating plan, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
• Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the CEO
• Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried
• Representing Prairie Band, LLC to the PBPN Tribal and General Councils; acting as an ambassador for the organization
Prairie Band, LLC Board Members serve three-year terms. Board meetings will be held at least quarterly and may occur monthly as required.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is passionate about PBPN economic development and who has a track record of leadership. Selected Board members will have achieved leadership stature in the business, financial, or tribal government sector.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
• Extensive professional experience with leadership accomplishments in business, financial, or the government sector
• A commitment to and understanding of tribal economic development initiatives, preferably based on experience
• Experience cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for expanding the economic opportunities of the PBPN.
• Must also be at least 25 years of age, possess at a minimum a HSD or GED, and have no felony convictions
• Advanced degrees or substantial business, financial or government sector experience preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a letter of interest, three references, and resume detailing qualifications to the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation Office of the Tribal Secretary, 16281 Q Road, Mayetta, KS, 66509, or via email to email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, with Subject: PB, LLC BOD
Submissions shall be accepted until Friday, May 8, 2020, by 4 p.m.