Pursuant to the Charter of the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation Entertainment Corporation, applications are now being accepted for a Corporation Board Director.
Qualified applicants should submit a Resume, Letter of Interest and two (2) Letters of Professional Reference to the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation Tribal Council Secretary’s Office, 16281 Q Road, Mayetta, KS 66509 or email to email@example.com. The closing date is Friday, October 5, 2018.
Role of Board members:
Provide management oversight, policy-making and related activities necessary to carry out the Corporation’s purposes. Control and management of business activities shall not include day-to-day management of the business operations. Members shall act as a Board, regularly convened, by a majority vote, and may adopt rules and regulations for conducting meetings in compliance with the Charter, Bylaws, and applicable tribal or federal law.
Qualified applicants must have the following:
• Sufficient, extensive experience and education to perform as a Director at a very high level in the competitive gaming business. Gaming experience preferred.
• Ability to pass a background check and other investigations required for CAT 1 Gaming license
• Open and public reputation for integrity and honesty.
• At least two (2) of the following:
– Identifiable experience in business management, personnel management and business
– Experience owning and running a business enterprise;
– Experience as a member of a board of directors of a corporation involved in gaming, service industry or enterprise development;
– Experience as a management level employee of a gaming enterprise;
– Specialized training or educational achievement, which qualifies the individual for the
• Other qualifications may be added from time to time as reasonably required given the importance of this position to the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation.
Duties (not a complete list):
• Attend all Board and other meetings as required. Be prepared and informed, conducting due diligence as necessary, in all matters that are within the Board’s oversight function;
• Attend required Director Training;
• Adopt rules and regulations and overall policy in compliance with the Charter;
• Provide oversight of the corporate officers and executives activities and performance;
• Comply with professional fiduciary standards for corporate governance;
• Be available to meet periodically on short notice as required.