Through an abundance of caution to protect patients and staff, medical centers have been slow to reduce COVID-19 precautions as quickly as some businesses and other places where the public gathers. As efforts to control the spread of COVID-19 have proven effective the Prairie Band Potawatomi Health Center staff has determined that it is now possible to loosen restrictions for visitors and patients.
- All patients entering the health center will still be required to wear masks.
- If patients are having any ill symptoms, they will be instructed to put on an N95 mask and to wait in the glassed-in waiting area. This area will be wiped down and fogged 3 times a day.
- Patients will be tested in the exam rooms; unless otherwise directed.
- Patients will continue to check their temperature at the front and are no longer required to fill out the symptom self-reporting form.
- Community Health Representatives (CHR) will now be able to enter patient’s homes again if the patient is not ill. CHRs are required to wear a mask during the encounter and the patient is strongly encouraged to wear a mask as well.
The medical staff at the Health Center will continue to monitor all precautions and the health of the community overall. Moving forward, adjustments to these precautions will be made to continue to preserve the health and safety of patients and staff.
Covid vaccinations remain available to everyone, call 785-966-8201 to schedule your appointment for the vaccine or a booster.