An advance voting station will be available on the Prairie Band Potawatomi Common Land on Wednesday, October 21, 2020. The station will be open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and is available for use by any resident of Jackson County, Kansas. The election processes will be conducted by Kathy Mick, Jackson County Election Officer.
The station will be located at the PBPN Old Bingo Hall, 16277 Q Road, Mayetta, Kan., next to the Nation’s Government Center. PBPN Native Vote Committee members will assist with building entry screening. Individuals are required to wear a mask and have their temperature taken prior to entry.
The last day to register to vote is Tuesday, October 13, 2020. Voters can check their voter registration status or register to vote online, or they can stop by or contact their local election office. If a voter has moved, changed their name or wishes to change political party affiliation they must update their voter registration.
Advance voting in Kansas begins on Wednesday, October 14, 2020. Individuals can vote in person at their local election office or they can mail in an advance ballot.
Individuals must submit an advance voting application to receive an advance ballot. You can pick up the application at your local election office or print it out. The deadline to submit an advance voting application is Tuesday, October 27, 2020.
All advance ballots sent by mail require 3 postage stamps, and must be postmarked on or before election day – Tuesday, November 3, 2020, and received in the county election office by the close of business on the Friday following the election – November 6, 2020. Voters can also hand-deliver their advance ballot to the county election office or any polling location within their county by close of polls on Election Day.
The General Election is on Tuesday, November 3, 2020. In the state of Kansas, your polling station is determined by your township. Please view the PBPN Native Vote “2020 Voter Information Guide” for a breakdown of the townships on the PBPN Common Land.
- In Jackson County, contact: Kathy Mick – firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 785-364-5200 or in person at 400 New York, Room 201, Holton, Kansas.
- In Shawnee County, contact: Andrew Howell – email@example.com, phone 785-251-5900 or in person at 3420 SW Van Buren Street, Topeka, Kansas.
- In Pottawatomie County, contact: Nancy McCarter – firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 785-457-3314, or in person at 207 N 1st, Westmoreland, Kansas.
- PBPN Native Vote “2020 Voter Information Guide”
- AARP KS Coffee Chat Discussion with PBPN Native Vote