COVID-19 Vaccine booster shots are now available for individuals who completed their original two shot series of Pfizer-BioTech vaccine at least 6 months ago.
Groups who SHOULD receive the booster shot are those who are:
- 65 Years and older
- All residents in long-term care settings 18 and older
- People aged 50-64 years with underlying health conditions
People who MAY get a booster shot of Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine based on their individual benefits and risks include:
- Adults aged 18–49 years who have underlying medical conditions
- People aged 18–64 years at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission because of occupational or institutional setting
- Occupations at increased risk for COVID-19 exposure and transmission include front line essential workers and health care workers as previously detailed by the CDC
- First responders (healthcare workers, firefighters, police, congregate care staff)
- Education staff (teachers, support staff, daycare workers)
- Food and agriculture workers
- Manufacturing workers
- Corrections workers
- S. Postal Service workers
- Public transit workers
- Grocery store workers
Underlying health conditions include, but are not be limited to:
- Weakened immune systems
- Autoimmune conditions
- Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS)
- Bell’s palsy
For more information visit this link.
If you have questions about getting the COVID-19 booster or your first series of the vaccine, you should talk to your healthcare providers for advice. Inform your vaccination provider about all your allergies and health conditions.
If you aren’t sure if you fall within the categories outlined by the CDC or have questions about the vaccine you may call to find out if you qualify at this time.
Please call the PBPN Health Center at 785-966-8200 to schedule an appointment for your booster shot or your first dose of the vaccine.