The Potawatomi Tribal Fire Department is offering a BLS CPR Course for Healthcare Providers. This course will be on Tuesday, October 23, 2018, from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at the Potawatomi Tribal Fire Department. Cost of the course is: $50.00. This includes required course student manual and other disposable items used during the course. Registration is required and will close on Friday, October 19, at 4 p.m. Contact the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation Fire department at 785-966-2164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this course.
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
Course Content Includes:
• Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
• The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
• 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
• 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
• Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
• Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
• Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
• Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
• CPR with an advanced airway*