The Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation Social Services Department – Tribal Victim Services program is hosting the “2020 Captured Moments” Photo Contest. The contest was launched on Thursday, August 20, 2020, and runs through 3 p.m. CST on Sunday, September 20, 2020.
The contest theme, “Stop the Violence…” is geared at promoting a culture of nonviolence through the art of photography that inspires people to reflect, think, and take action. Together we can make a positive impact on our communities to stop the violence.
Rules and Guidelines
Entrant must complete the official entry form for all entries. Entries will be accepted from August 20, 2020, through 3:00 p.m. Sunday, September 20, 2020. Entries must also be emailed as an attachment (.jpg or .png) to TVS at PBPNTVS@pbpnation.org. Any entry received after 3:00 p.m. on September 20, 20202, will not be eligible to enter the contest.
- The photos will be continually rotated on the TVS Facebook page @PBPNTVS for the entire month of October to spread awareness for Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- Entries will only be accepted through the TVS email address PBPNTVS@pbpnation.org.
- Entries not submitted via email will be deleted.
- All decisions are final.
- The prize must be collected by the winner and is nontransferrable.
- The winner will be contacted via the email address provided during entry. If no response is received after 3 business days, a new winner will be selected, and the previous winner will forfeit all rights to the prize.
- The contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- PBPN TVS Program assumes no responsibility for deleted, lost or damaged photos.
- Each entry should contain the following:
a) Title of photograph
b) First and last name of photographer
c) Date and location of the photo
d) A short (1-3 sentence) description of the photograph
e) Entrant’s contact information including telephone number and email address
- The photo must be in its original state and cannot be altered in any way, including but not limited to removing, adding, reversing, or distorting subjects within the frame.
- Entries may not contain the following: alcohol, drugs, or any kind of illegal or inappropriate behavior. Entries that contain any inappropriate material will be disqualified.
There will be 6 winners:
- 3 adult winners (18+ years)
- 3 Children winners (6 to 17 years)
Winners will be announced via Facebook (@PBPNTVS) on Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
Tribal Victim Services PBPN TVS Crisis Hotline: 1-866-966-0173
TVS Facebook page: @PBPNTVS