2019 Notice of Election for the Ethics Commission
Members of the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation are hereby given notice that an Election will be held on July 20, 2019, at the General Council meeting for the purpose of electing five (5) members of the Ethics Commission. The term of office for all positions are as follows:
Chairperson – 2 years
Secretary – 2 years
Commissioner #1 – 1 year
Commissioner #2 – 3 years
Commissioner #3 – 3 years
This election shall be conducted in accordance with the Constitution and Election Ordinance of the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation.
To vote in this election you must:
- A) Be an enrolled member of the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation
- B) Be 18 years of age or older by May 17, 2019.
- C) Have a voter registration form filed with the Election Board no later than May 17, 2019, by 4 p.m. if you have never registered to vote in tribal elections. Registered voters will receive a wristband so their vote may be counted at the General Council meeting.
A qualified candidate must:
- A) Be an enrolled member of the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation.
- B) Be 25 years of age or older, as of the date of this election for the following seats: Chairperson, Secretary and Commissioner #1.
Be 21 years of age or older, as of the date of this election for the following seats: Commissioner #2 and Commissioner #3.
- C) Agree to a comprehensive criminal background investigation conducted by the Kansas Bureau of Investigation or an investigative agency deemed appropriate by the Election Board for record clearance.
- D) Not have been convicted of a felony within the past 5 years.
- E) If elected, agree to the Drug-Free Workplace Policy and consent to drug testing.
Voting and Election Results
Votes will be tallied by two (2) counters and by two (2) members of the Election Board. You must be wearing the designated wristband in order for your vote to be counted. Any election protests must be filed within three (3) business days following the July 20, 2019 election by 4 p.m.