The Potawatomi Tribal Fire Department is offering a BLS CPR Course for Healthcare Providers. This course will be on Tuesday, October 23, 2018, from 9:00 – 12:00 p.m. at the Potawatomi Tribal Fire Department. Cost of the course is: $50.00. This includes required course student manual and other disposal items used during the course.
Registration is required and closes on Friday, October 19, 2018 at 4 p.m. Contact the PBPN Fire department at 785-966-2164 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for this course.
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
Course Content Includes:
- Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway*
The Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation Fire Department is located at 15482 K Road, Mayetta, Kansas.