****NOTICE: The Housing Office is in the process of remodel. The office is temporarily relocating to the Lower Level****
^^^Friday, July 8th, the Housing Staff will relocate to the We-Ta-Se Conference room from Noon to 4:30 pm. You may call them at 785.554.2689 during this time. They will also be accepting payments. Thank you for your patience during the remodel.^^^
The mission of the Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation Housing Department is to provide affordable housing options for all tribal members through the administration and operation of the Rental Housing Program and through research and development of new programs so as to reduce the number of tribal members who reside in substandard housing and to assist tribal members who wish to improve their standard of living.
The Housing Department is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and is staffed by a director, property manager and other office personnel. In addition, the Housing Department works closely with the Building Maintenance department which assists in maintaining all tribal housing that the tribe is responsible for. Maintenance is not available for any non-tribal owned property. Tribal owned property includes the apartments, senior housing, rentals and land acquisition homes.
||Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation|
8273 156th Lane
Mayetta, KS 66509
|Email for general Information:
Requests for applications can be requested via phone call, mailed written request, email request or may be downloaded here.
Senior Rental Application and Eligibility Requirements (222 kB)
Lease Purchase Application Eligibility Requirements (360 kB)
Rental Application and Eligibility Requirements (223 kB)
Form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view.
Apartment complex at 158th and L Road.
PBPN Housing provides three types of housing options for tribal members: Rental, Senior Rental, and Rent to Own.
Note: Anyone that fills out an application for homes rented ON the reservation needs to make sure changes are updated with the Housing office at least once a year. This includes: address, income, household composition and your contact information. For more information please call the Housing office at 785.966.2756.
PBPN Housing offers a variety of rental options for tribal members of all income levels. Our current rental housing options include:
- 16 apartment units ranging in size from 1- to 3-bedrooms with on site access to coin-op laundry facilities.
- 4 single-family units with 3 bedrooms.
- 30 units acquired through tribal land acquisition purchase. These homes vary in size from 1- to 6-bedrooms.
- Low-Income Tax Credit Housing:
- 12 single-family units with 3 bedrooms
- 12 single-family duplex units ranging in size from 2- to 3-bedrooms
- 1 single-family NAHASDA Low-Rent unit with 3 bedrooms
PBPN Housing offers several options for our senior tribal members age 55 and older. All senior housing rents are determined by a “sliding-scale” to make them more affordable for senior tribal members who are on fixed incomes or who are low-income. Our current senior rental housing options include:
- 20 duplex units with 1- to 2-bedrooms
- 16 NAHASDA Low-Rent units with 1- to 2- bedrooms
- 15 Low-Income Tax Credit Housing 2-bedroom apartment units with access to free on-site laundry facilities and a therapeutic whirlpool/spa.
Rent to Own Housing
PBPN Housing offers a Rent to Own housing program for tribal members of all ages. There are more stringent income guidelines for these homes since the goal is not to rent a home indefinitely, but rather total home-ownership in the future. At this time these homes are offered on a 15 year contract for deed. The rent to own homes options currently include:
- 26 single-family units ranging in size from 3- to 6-bedrooms, 14 with attached garage, 12 with carports